Face the challenge


 Sunday, March 4,2018


Hey everyone! My name is Valeria Luna and I am excited to lead you into this adventure... The day has finally come, my first blog post! I have a million thoughts going through my head trying to decide which topic to choose. Personally, I have many interests, and I feel like one topic isn't enough to elaborate on. This year has gone by so fast.. I remember studying my notes on angles shots and composition for other projects, and the day has finally come to do our Portfolio! I never thought creating a magazine would be as difficult as it is.


 The reason I decided to do a magazine was because I felt like I could turn a topic I love into something so much more interesting so other people can get a sense of what I feel about it. Using words, pictures, and other tools, you can make a topic that is not so interesting to some, much more interesting.

 

As the thoughts fluttered in my head, the first topic that came to my mind was food. Everyone eats, everyone enjoys it, its a win win. As I began looking into this topic, I realized that when you pick up a magazine and see food on the front,  it makes you want to eat it, but not many people will actually spend their time cooking it. In Bon Appétit magazine has bright colors and different shots and angles of the food.I am not a big fan of cooking, and with the multiple activities I have throughout the day, I barely have time to do it. That is when I realized that a cooking magazine would not be for me.


Then it came to me, fitness. Ever since I was little I played sports. This was a topic which I could go into depth on and allow many more people to be aware of their body and how to take care of it. Many fitness magazines will have a cover photo be very simple. It is normally a woman/man looking fit,sexy, and healthy. This will attract people because they will want to look like them. Many times in fitness magazines, food will be integrated in it as well. Fitness magazine Women's Health is one I always used to read and they would have headlines that would bring you in with words such as "quick, fast, lose 5 pounds in a week!"









"These plank exercises are the fastest way to lose belly fat": https://www.shape.com/fitness

"This Dinner Takes 15 Minutes to Make and Uses Lots of Prosciutto"February 27, 2018 By Rachel Karten :https://www.bonappetit.com/story/dinner-15-minutes-prosciutto

"The ten most popular recipes in February"Anna Stockwell: https://www.bonappetit.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plan x10

Fitness

Hitting a dead end